Watch out for Bogus/Unauthorized Emails!
You may be receiving unauthorized emails using iStudySmart.com's name. The senders are using the same technology used against various banks, Ebay, Amazon and other well-known Internet companies. The term for such emails is 'Spoofing.' The mail is not coming from us, but appears to be.
Please DO NOT respond to any suspicious emails. If you are unsure of the validity of an email, call iStudySmart.com at 800-737-2222 to confirm the message. The emails have subject headings such as (This is just a sample, there could be other variations):
The content of the message ranges from your profile information being out of date, to accusing you of illegal use of your email. Each email attaches a '.zip' file that contains a virus. (The file is only harmful if it is opened.) The other common factor we've seen in most unauthorized emails is located at the bottom of the message.
- You have successfully updated your password
- Warning Message: Your services near to be closed
- *DETECTED* Online User Violation
- Your Account is Suspended For Security Reasons
- Important Notification
- Jmltfdethd (my favorite)
- Members Support
+++ Attachment: No Virus found
+++ Istudysmart Antivirus - www.istudysmart.com
Here at iStudySmart.com, we take security seriously. We make every effort to keep your information safe. Our IT department is consistently investigating all suspicious activity, such as these emails. We treat your information with the same care and respect we would like our own information treated.
Here is what you WILL receive in email form from iStudySmart.com
We will NEVER ask you to send us an email including your:
- Newsletters, for those who choose this option
- Emails from your consultant with information you've requested. These emails may contain attachments ending in '.PDF'
- Renewal notices for SmartClub users
- Changes or Updates in our site or courses
- Authorization for EasyPay transactions
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we all work to overcome the inconvenience caused by spammers.
- User name and password
- Credit card number
- Fruit Cake recipes
The REAL iStudySmart.com Support Team