Clinical Portfolio Assessment for the BSN
About the Clinical Portfolio Assessment
The portfolio assessment process requires you to summarize your past academic and professional experiences along with your practice as an RN and to use this information to develop written narrative statements related to the clinical competencies that are tested in the CPNE. Your narratives must be supported with documented evidence that you have learned the competencies tested in the performance examinations.
Excelsior College (formerly Regents College) provides a Clinical Portfolio Assessment Guide outlining the information needed to prepare the clinical portfolio and apply for the portfolio review process.
- Transcript from an educational program leading to RN licensure
- Evidence of a current registration to practice in the U.S.
- Evidence of practice in some aspect of nursing for which licensure is required within the past five years
- Work history and other pertinent materials
- Development of a portfolio requires good written communication skills and the ability to present relevant information and evidence in a clear, organized, and persuasive matter.
- Must be enrolled in the Excelsior College BSN program.
- Must be a Registered Nurse in the United States, and be a graduate of a nursing program in North or South America.
- If you have graduated from another country, Excelsior College will consider you on an individual basis.
- Must have completed the written nursing examinations in Health Restoration I and Health Restoration II.
back to the top